Interested in training to teach students with special educational needs?
- Piper Hill is leading a partnership of Manchester special and mainstream primary schools to deliver an innovative and exciting School Direct Primary PGCE with an SEN specialism in 2015-16. Trainees on the course will spend their year based in school, training to teach a primary curriculum to children with additional needs in both mainstream and special schools.
As a trainee on the course
- You will work towards a Primary General PGCE from the University of Cumbria.
- You will work in school with teachers and children from the outset, learning about the challenges and opportunities of being an outstanding teacher
- You will be mentored by outstanding practitioners who are passionate about inclusive education and the children they teach.
- You will follow a vibrant school-based professional development programme which will equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to teach Primary children, both with and without special needs.
- You will also follow the University of Cumbria PGCE programme which will be delivered in partnership schools.
- A degree
- GCSEs in Maths, English and Science
- Relevant experience
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment
Apply through UCAS to Teach Manchester Primary (SEN)